In this BRB jobs update, I’m pleased to highlight an open conflicts role at Williams & Connolly’s Washington, DC office: “Conflicts Analyst” —
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Primary responsibility to process and analyze all incoming new client and new matter workflow requests and analyze conflict check reports on a daily basis to determine any direct or potential conflicts, including potential conflicts for all incoming employees as needed, in a timely, efficient, and accurate manner;
- Data entry, search and analysis using Williams & Connolly’s new business conflicts and intake databases;
- Assist in retrieval, review and retention of current retainer agreements, outside counsel guidelines and other forms with ethics rules and opinions;
- Provide and decipher Corporate Family Tree information;
- Provide conflicts information to requesting attorneys, Conflicts Attorney, Professional Responsibility and Risk Management Counsel and the Ethics Committee;
- Provide status of new client matters;
- Produce Conflicts Checks or New Matter Forms by Proxy;
- Handle numerous calls and emails as they relate to Conflicts and New
- Provide time sensitive Securities Information to the Corporate Group as it relates to performing current client checks for Selling/Trading as needed; and
- Assist with a wide range of research and other requests as necessary.
Key qualifications include:
- The ideal candidate will have an interest in the law, and in particular, experience with conflicts and the Rules of Professional Conduct.
- The candidate must have the ability to work independently and yet still effectively communicate with others and use the utmost care in the handling of confidential information.
- This position requires the ability to interface with firm management, partners, and employees in a highly professional manner, and the ability to manage and prioritize a high volume of work activities meeting all deadlines
- The ideal candidate also will possess legal experience in conflicts and/or new business intake. Knowledge of, and experience working with the Intapp suite of new business products preferred including Conflicts/New Business.
- The position requires a Bachelor’s Degree. Flexible workweek scheduling/hoteling potential.
See the complete job posting for more detail on job and to apply for this position.
Learn more about working at Williams and Connolly on their careers page:
- “At Williams & Connolly, a high percentage of our support staff members have been with the firm for more than a decade. They have been given the opportunity to develop their careers through promotions, increased responsibility, and internal mobility because we know that our professional talent is every bit as important as our lawyers in providing quality service to our clients.”
- “The firm offers competitive compensation, outstanding benefits and professional growth opportunities with the sincere anticipation that Williams & Connolly will be a place for our staff to enjoy a challenging career for many years to come.”
- “Washingtonian magazine again selected the firm as one of the Washington D.C. area’s 50 “Great Places to Work.” Our interesting cases, opportunity to work with the most talented lawyers in the world, team spirit, excellent professional rewards, and other notable perks landed us among the featured companies.”
And if you’re interested in seeing your firm’s listings here, please feel free to reach out…